Thursday, April 12, 2018

Brothers of the Flame - Ariel Kimber Book 1 by Mary Martel

Brothers of the Flame is book one in the Ariel Kimber series, and it's about a young girl whose life has been filled with abuse, thanks to her mother. Ariel's mother, who was described as a gold-digger, met a man online and decided to move in with him. Mr. Cole luckily was unlike any of her mother's past boyfriends.

Use to being invisible Ariel has to deal with the fact that now she no longer is. Life in a small town, where everyone knows each other, makes Ariel's "new girl" status all the more evident, something she greatly detests.

Though Ariel's detestable life starts to change when she meets the Rude Tyson. From the moment he bumped into her and commented rudely her life changed.

*This is a reverse harem story, though it does not have any explicit scenes it does have swearing. *

** Normally I do not make reviews based on grammar issues unless it is so bad that it distracts from the story and I am sad to say this one did. More than a couple times within the book I had to reread sentences because my mind picked up a word that did not belong. However, if you could get past those type of mistakes this storyline was awesome. **

What I liked about the story:
I like how the storyline progressed at a good rate. There really wasn't very much filler information that I found boring.

What could have made the story better: (beside the editing issues I mentioned above.)
I actually really enjoyed the story, so no complaints on that.

This series has great promise and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the reverse harem genre, but I would warn them about the editing issues.


I rate this Attraction – A promising Story, but nothing life-changing. You would read the sequel as more of a backup story when you run out. It could also be classified as Light Reading as I did finish this story in one sitting. 
Rated: 3/5 Stars

Below you can find an audio version of this review:




No comments:

Post a Comment