Friday, May 4, 2018

When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries #5) by B.L. Brunnemer


When Evil Comes to Play is Book 5 in The Veil Diaries by B.L. Brunnemer

Summary:
My name is Alexis, though everyone calls me Lexie. I’m a Necromancer. I see the dead, talk to them, and help them move on. Well, I used to. Now, with the Veil closed, I’m the only way for a soul to cross over. It’s wearing me out, and according to my doctor, it’s going to killing me.

I don’t know how to tell the guys. I’m working on it, but there is so much going on right now; Isaac’s acting strange, Ethan’s worried that his brother isn’t eating or sleeping, Asher’s dad is back, and Tara is still snooping around my bedroom.
My symptoms are getting worse, and we’re running out of time. For everyone.


** This is a Reverse Harem story and may also include some triggering scenes. **


Review:
Okay, first let me start by saying OH MY F***ING GOD! This book was totally worth the wait! I don't think people realize how rare a thing that is. I binged read this whole book in one night, starting at midnight EST. I will try to leave my review as spoiler free as possible...

Okay, so in this installment, it starts out with Lexi at a Doctor's appointment, getting bad news. The story progresses at an even pace and I did not feel as if the author rushed or spent too much time on anything. Some questions were finally answered and some issues were solved. Overall this was an excellent addition to the series, well done Ms. Brunnemer! I can definitely add you to my list of literary goddesses!


The relationship progression:
Okay, so the foundation of the relationship is extremely important in a Reverse Harem. Especially from the boys' side of it. The boys' have to love the girl enough that the idea of not having her at all is unacceptable, that they would rather share her than risk not having her at all. I feel that this series embodies that idea perfectly. Lexi and the boys spent time getting to really know each other over that last five books that it makes it believable that they are all in love, truly in love. I especially love how the last few chapters are all from the boys POV, it lets us know where their mind is at the end of story. It's good to know if one of them did not have a POV in the middle of the story.


I rate this story Obsession - Once you start you can’t stop. I recommend setting an alarm to let you know when to put it down
Rated: 5/5 Stars



Audio Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment