Thursday, May 3, 2018

Power & Choice (Iris Boys #2) by Lucy Smoke

Power and Choice is book two in the Iris Boys series by Lucy Smoke. 

Summary:
What does it mean to be an Iris girl?

Does it mean following instructions and respecting the authority of your team? Or does it mean taking risks?

The latter – I’m finding – is something I’m good at. When the guys send me to Ms. Enders’ Etiquette Camp for Refined Young Ladies, I know that I need to master the game and play the part of the respectable socialite. We need to find the answer to this question: What is causing the girls to commit suicide? I knew there would be danger here, and if I don’t watch my back, I could find myself in a whole lot of trouble.



** This is a Reverse Harem Story and may contain some triggering subjects and scene. **

Review:
First, you should know that I review a story for its storyline and plot only. I don't really pay attention to grammar issues unless it is so bad that it interrupts the flow of the story.

Power and Choice picked up right where Now or Never left off. However, it was difficult to get back into the groove of the story as it had been so long between the first and the second. I remember that I enjoyed the first book, but it wasn't life-altering. This one follows along that same vein. I enjoyed the story, but it wasn't life-altering. I think my main gripe is that Harlow is supposed to be a part of Iris now, as a new recruit, but no one tells her anything. We still have no real idea what Iris really is. Granted this is part of the reason I will probably read book three. 

The relationship aspect:
This is a huge part of any reverse harem story. The progression of the relationship is extremely important and I don't feel like she really connected with anyone. Only Texas has really given her the chance to know him and he's the one that was late to the physical part of the game. The others have already moved past the friend zone with her, but she has no idea who they are as a person and why they became who they now are.

I kind of wished the author spent more time building the relationship between Harlow and the boys before she moved past the friend zone with them. It makes it more believable that she truly can not choose between them if she loved them all, and you can not truly love someone if you don't really know them.


I rate this story: Attraction – A promising Story, but nothing life-changing. You would read the sequel as more of a backup story when you run out.
Rated: 3/5 Stars


Audio Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment