Sunday, April 8, 2018

Loyalty and Lies (Chastity Falls #1) by LA Cotton

Loyalty and lies is a story about an Eighteen-year-old girl Savanah Parry (aka ana) who just started college. Savanah is the only surviving person from a car crash that killed her parents and boyfriend, the loss scarred her. Knowing that she needed to move on with her life, but still not comfortable in large crowded areas Ana decided to go to a small college.

Ana expects to have a boring slow college career, but that is the last thing that happened. Soon, Ana had found herself dragged into the drastically dangerous life of Jackson Peirce the adopted brother of a crime lord and Chastity Falls version of a Mob Boss.

Loyalty and Lies is book one in the series Chasity Falls, which consists of 4 books total - as of now.

Forewarning, my review will be heavily based on storyline and plot, I will not ever mention grammar or spelling issues unless it is so bad that it distracts me from the overall tale.

The story was well written and I had found myself pulled into the world LA Cotton depicted quickly. Cotton did a wonderful job portraying a depressed young woman struggling to move forward. I realized right away that the male lead Jackson had an Edward Cullen complex, the old "stay away, but I can't". I had often found myself frustrated by the female lead, she was too excepting of being treated like poop, she clearly had Bella Swan syndrome. I kept waiting for her to smarten up and say screw this, but by the end, I was still waiting.

I realize that they both "love" each other, but because Jackson is divided because of his loyalties to his adopted family and his love for Savanah that he doesn't know what to do. Since this book did not solve any of their relationship issues I will go one to read the next book just to see what's going to happen.

Attraction – A promising Story, but nothing life-changing. You would read the sequel as more of a backup story when you run out.
Rated 3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment