Monday, April 9, 2018

Thief The Academy: The Scarab Beetle Book 1 By C. L. Stone

Thief is the first book in C.L Stone's new spin-off The Academy series, The Scarab Beetle. The story is about a girl named Kayli Winchester. Like with Ms. Stone's other series, this one is also about a girl with an abusive home life. Unlike with Sang, Kayli is an adult, an older sister to a classmate of the original series heroine. Kayli is not your average everyday girl, she is an expert pickpocket and she uses her skill to help support herself and her little brother Will.

While she was out, looking for her next mark, Kayli is picked up by an Academy team that needed her special talent.

** This series is a Reverse Harem - Kayli has 5 love interests. ** This series is an adult series, but it does not contain erotica. **

It did take me a while to get into this series, but once I had I found it just as interesting as the original series. I liked the more adult themes that the spin-off offers because frankly, you can only passionately kiss someone so many times before (naturally) the boy will try for more.

Thief gave off more of a "spy" feel then the original series had and for me that made this story more interesting for me. Even though I was not crazy over Kayli, I continued to read because I liked the storyline - and the boys didn't hurt either!

I would recommend this series to anyone, but I would tell them to give it a few chapters first.

I rate this: Infatuation – You would read this story every chance you could.
Rated 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment